Sunday, September 29, 2024

Photo Round-Up

 bink's due soon for Sunday coffee.
Here's a round up of photos I haven't gotten around to posting...

From Duluth.
Those hills rising from the lake make ice slicks in winter---lots of salt and sand go down.


BELOW: Space alien? Bear + Eagle? What's up with this figure on the manhole cover?  I couldn't find anything on it...

I did go into Speedway to research Big Gulps.
They cost one dollar for 32 oz. of liquid sugar.


BELOW: Another scene from Dirty Dancing--Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray practice dance balance on a log across a stream.

Speaking of girlettes, this photo of a Dada ball gives ideas for possible Halloween costumes...


BELOW: Pensive Bear and Penny Cooper in circus costumes.
From a couple years ago--one of my favorites.

BELOW: A bit of current absurdity---an ad for a digital camera that restores an inconvenience of a film camera: NO SCREEN. Because...? Is anyone nostalgic for that?
(Maybe for the Kodak colors, yes.)

BELOW: A side-by-side I set up at the thrift store. I haven't been there much this month, with going to Duluth three times and being busy with printmaking.

BELOW: A snap of the Toy Bridge at the thrift store. Why didn't I buy that flying cow??? (I put it there.)

BELOW:
TUTTO PASSA = everything passes
By German printmaker David Schmitt (he lives in Barcelona, Spain) I follow on IG: instagram.com/tuyo.art

4 comments:

  1. Is that the "electric" man? Who lives beneath the manhole cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Pensive Bear and Penny Cooper....and that bear print..wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to add some bears to my word prints too!

      Delete