Thursday, September 19, 2024

Linda Sue, what should we do?

The Girlettes have known Linda Sue as the Queen of Christmas ever since she sent felt stars to be sewn onto our Christmas tree skirt – – plus they have seen her Christmas villages, home to dangerous cut-glass sparkles and dinosaurs. 
I was out with bink for her birthday today and stopped at a thrift store where they had these hollow glass Christmas trees (like you’d get at Michael’s Crafts), new, for a buck each. I got three.

***Linda Sue, or anyone who knows about these things, please advise:  We love these empty trees, but what should we do with them? What goes inside them??? (They are too heavy for dolls to wear.)

After the outing, I got a free Covid vaccine from the university’s public health team. I haven’t had one for at least a year. Every other time, they’ve absolutely wiped me out for about 24 hours, so I’ve got nothing planned… but if I have the energy, I want to start planning Christmas decorations. The Girlettes say we must keep up with the Orphans at Linda Sue’s!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe little fake flames- or red and green M&Ms...or Orphan style stack of tiny wrapped boxes with wishes inside, painted pebbles- Who knows...the Girlettes will invent something for sure but it may be anytime , not just Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting me started, Linda Sue – – perhaps it was the Covid vaccine but I was drawing a blank! What to put in these? Little things! Yes! The Girlettes can take it from here

      Delete
  2. Such a dilemma. What a potential adventure. Go, Girlettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you supposed to put lights in them? I've no other clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought lights too, Abby – – but there’s no indent/slot in the base to run a cord through, so they would sit lopsided. (Unless I used little LED lights that don’t have any cord – – but you have to throw the entire thing out when their batteries are done.)

      Delete