Thursday, October 10, 2024

Penny Cooper at Speedway

I was horrified to be halfway up the Chester Creek path with Marz this morning and to realize that  Penny Cooper was no longer in the side pocket of my bag!

I retraced my steps – – 2 miles back – – and found her on the stoplight across from Speedway gas station and convenience store – – purveyors of the Big Gulp I’ve been writing about and of fried chicken, a half-eaten piece of which was next to Penny. 

Though Penny appears a very proper eight-and-a-half year old, she is a doll, and doll ways are not our ways. I suspect that she had jumped out of my bag to get Speedway goodies.

Look how pleased she looks with herself, the darling! It also looks like she may have had run in with a vehicle. 

THANK YOU, kind stranger!!!


10 comments:

  1. what an adventure penny cooper had! rita and ava were whispering during the day and now i know what they were talking about! glad to hear she is safe albeit at a little scratched up.
    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ms Penny Cooper, you little feisty - Don't ever do that again. Beth Anna has been missing for three years- that causes the others distress, sort of. The orphans are pretty sure that Beth Anna has an invisible cloak. No worries. Anyway, yes, thank you stranger, I hope the fried chicken was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Beth Anna! Darling squash face, she could be in the House of Dreams in London.
      I wonder where she took herself off to… Invisibility cloak seems a good bet!

      Delete
  3. How relieved you must've been when you found her! A kind stranger, indeed. Even left her a snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was! SO relieved to see her.

      When I picked Penny up, I left the chicken, and this morning when I walked past the light pole, the chicken was gone – – I suspect one of the people in the alley or just as likely one of the seagulls that is constantly scanning with their sharp little eyes for things to eat.

      Delete