Saturday, September 14, 2024

Me being older, unadorned

Hm. I’ve never posted a video of myself here. But I was so inspired by  Barbara Scully, an older Irish journalist, posting herself talking without make-up or flattering lighting that, wanting to see more older women talking, I thought I could try it myself. (Oh, and Carol Kane performing a coming-of-age ritual at 73 in Between the Temples inspired me too.) Be the change you want to see, right? So, here’s a 49-second video of me sitting in Marz’s apartment this evening, giving it a try. Absolutely off the cuff…


 

2 comments:

  1. bravo!!!!! as someone who grew up when one didn't wear much makeup (1960's) it's easy for me to not wear any. i'm surprised by the number of younger females who wear false eyelashes and complete foundation everyday.
    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kirsten. When I was little, my mother always put on lipstick when she left the house, but otherwise didn't wear all that seems "normal" now.
      I never wear make-up but feel a little vulnerable appearing face-naked on video... Not a flattering medium.
      But hey, why not?!

      Delete